Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snowy Afternoon = Date in the Cafe




Hello!
Well I find myself home for the afternoon due to the snow storm here in northern New England.  We've been without snow (not that I'm a big fan of it anymore) so far this winter and we really need it!  Maybe now I'll be able to pull out my snow shoes and the boys can finally use there ski passes!  Yee! Haw!  
So the afternoon home has allowed me to play along with one of my favorites The Play Date Cafe!  I just love being in my craft room with free time.  Now these colors are not colors I would ever think to put together but ya' know they do look good together.




This is the new stamp set called Stitches & Swirls from PTI.  I stamped my image and then colored my flowers in with some distress inks of Tim Holtz's in Aged Mahogany and Tea Dye ( the closest to gold I could get)  for my purple I used PTI's Plum Pudding.  In the center of my purple flowers I used some gold stickles

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. What a nice birthday card! Wish it was my birthday. I don't think I've ever gotten a hand made birthday card before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful, Kathryn! I LOVE that big, stitched image, and the way you've colored it is yummy! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn, this is SO pretty! Glad to see you got to do some crafting on your snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely job with the colors! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete