Saturday, June 12, 2010

Thank You / JUGS 37

Good Morning!

This Weeks  Just Us Girls  hostess is Pam and she is challenging us to get digital.  Our sponsor for this weeks challenge  is the very talented Lauren Meader of My Time Made Easy!






I used the digi  Sensational package for my card this week.  Now I am a huge fan of digital images because I  want instant gratification!  I like that I can size them to what ever size I want BUT I still have a hard time maneuvering the images to put them together into a "scene" like on my card.  (Thankfully my youngest son is a whiz at the computer and helped me with that part!)  I first took the stems and pasted them into Word and re-sized them.  Making the middle one a little larger  then the two side ones.  Then I went back and brought the flower over and did the same thing.

After I copied three more flowers and cut them out and added them onto my flowers with pop-ups to give my card some dimension.  The sentiment was easier because I just separated it and printed it out the size I wanted it to be!  Easy Peasy!


The mat for my image is a piece of white birch that I had gotten on a walk in the woods with my Dad.  He's big into nature and thought it would be cool to use it for something.  So I had the great idea to use it on a card!  I've had it under my craft mat for some time now to keep it flat and just happened to pull it out and wouldn't you know it matched  perfectly with my Webster Papers I had chosen. The Spellbinder die cut it so nicely too!
This week JUGS bids a fond farewell to the super talented Mona.  Like the rest of us she is human and can only do so much!  LOL!    If you get a chance stop by and wish her the best!  She will surely be missed!

For all the details on this weeks challenge  head on over to the Just Us Girls challenge blog.  I hope you decide to get digi with us this week  post a direct link to your project on the JUGS blog.  If up loading to a public Gallery use the label JUGS37.  For a little more inspiration stop by the rest of the teams blogs and check out their fab projects!

The dead line to be considered "Chic of the Week " is Thursday June 17th 9pm.

Supplies; PTI- cardstock, Webster Pages- Garden Gala & Natures Storybook, Copic markers-YG95,RV42,BG11, MS-grass punch, Tim Holtz- antique linen distress ink, brads-misc. ,Spellbinder nestabilities- scallop squares

8 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card Kathryn! Love how you made the cute little flowers 3-D - really brought them to life! I am so happy for you & hope you enjoy your time on the JUGS DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the way you did the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card....your flowers just pop off of the page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Kathryn - White birch! How creative that is - I love that and am so glad I read that detail - I wondered what it was at first glance. The card came out just beautifully. I like those three flowers and the popped up leaves. ROCK ON and thanks for getting digi with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Kathryn and what great use of that piece of birch. I love the dimension of those flowers and the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kathryn!!! White birch - wow! What a great idea :) It adds such a perfect natural element :) Way to get digital!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers look stunning! Love how you lined them up and the colors you picked! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this card the minute I saw it! The flowers are so pretty and the colors fabulous! What a clever use of the bark! That's something my DH would do...he's always finding things I "should" add to my cards! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete