Saturday, June 5, 2010

Just Us Girls Sketch challenge #36

Good Morning!
Well I can finally let the cat out of the bag!  I tried out for the Just Us Girls design team awhile back and guess what!!?  Yep, I'm on the team!!!  I can't believe how lucky I am to get the opportunity to work with this group of very talented ladies.  Pinch me!!!  LOL!







For my first challenge as part of the JUGS design team we have *Wink *Wink Ink as our sponsor.  I have been a big fan of them since they began in January 2010.  Their images are original, well drawn, and clear with a style you won't find anywhere else! If you like animals, children and fantasy creatures you will love their stamps! New stamps are added to their store weekly, so there is always something new to see! All images are 300 dpi and come in 3 versions- black and white jpg for coloring, transparent png for layering on all your digital creations, and a colored jpg for use as a coloring guide or print and embellish for quick beautiful projects in no time flat!  I hope you stop on by and visit them at http://www.winkwinkink.com/

I used the colored digi image Pearl for my card along with the sentiment that is included with the set.  I went over it with my Copics to make my color more vibrant and to match my blue paper.  I cut out her had and layered it with pop-ups for a little dimension.  Whats nice about a digi image is that you can shrink it to fit where you want it and that is what I did to make my sentiment fit onto a Spellbinders label perfectly!

Melanie the owner of *Wink *Wink Ink is joining us as our guest designer this week.  

If you don't have a *Wink *Wink digi image here's a link to their current freebie.



They are giving away 3 images to one lucky person this week.





supplies; *Wink *Wink Ink digi image (colored), Copics-E000, BG0000,V04,Y00, Flowers-MS, PTI Card stock-yellow, white, DP-misc., pop-ups, Spellbinders-Shapeabilities -labels trio and Fancy Tags

11 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Just Us Girls DT Kathryn! Super cute card! Great job coloring that sweet little bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you on making the JUGS DT!!! Wonderful job on the the image - so cute! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you tried out and made the team, Kathryn! I've been a fan of your work since you started playing our challenges! Welcome aboard! Love this image and how you incorporated it into the sketch. (I just love her fat little legs!) Those daisies are the perfect touch! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Kathryn! So glad you are an official JUGs girl now! Thanks so much for your enthusiasm from the very start and great job on your first DT assignment. Pearl is a great image and you made her shine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the DT appointment! Love *wink*wink ink's images! Beautiful card you made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a GORGEOUS card! I love how you layered your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathryn so glad to have you on the team. Your card is total cuteness - Pearl is just as precious as can be! Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations on making the JUGS team, your cards are wonderful...have a fabulous day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Horray and Welcome!! So glad to have you a part of JUGS!! Love your "pearl" card, I picked that one also great minds... Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Gotta love those already colored Digi images! Congrats on your new DT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE it, Kathryn! You always do such a great job with my stamps! Love how you decorated the sentiment especially! Beautiful work! :o)

    ReplyDelete