Saturday, October 22, 2011

A tisket a tasket a Pumpkin Basket!


Good Saturday Morning!
Just Us Girls has a fun 3-D challenge for us to try brought to you by Maria.  She has challenged us to create a Halloween themed 3-D project.  I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

I got my inspiration for my project from a picture I saw on a magazine of a white painted pumpkin with a black damask design on it.  So from there I created the above. 

I first made a basket measuring 3 1/2 x 4.  I then cut out six ovals measuring 3 1/2 x 5 and stamped them with PTI's Fancy Flourishes in Tim Holtz's Rusty Hinge distress ink and embossed with clear embossing powder and inked the edges up with Tea Dye.  I then layered three ovals together and attached them at the top middle with a brad so that they would spread out into a pumpkin shape easily.  I then cut three strips of green paper (1/2 inch each) attached them together with a brad through each side of the basket and then decorated the top of my pumpkin with a rosette (Tim Holtz die) followed by some layers of flowers and stuck a few branches here and there using Martha Stewart's punch.

I just love having the time to create my own templates! 
 It is such fun!!!

Be sure to check out what the rest of the JUGS have come up with along with our October guest designer Maureen!

8 comments:

  1. This is STUNNING Kathryn!!! WOW!!! Gorgeous! All hail the queen of templates ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, can I say wow, wow, wow, wow, wow?!! This is absolutely gorgeous and very clever! I love the rusty hinge (I recently bought that color) and the flourishes are perfect! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this Halloween pumpkin basket! Too fun~

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an adorable Pumpkin Basket :) LOVE the orange flourishes and the pretty flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this project! Did you happen to use one of MTME's templates or did you use another template or maybe even a tutorial on scs? It's just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathryn what a wonderful pumpkin basket! This is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really adorable, Kathryn!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete