Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pretty Patterns 03


Hello!
Welcome to week three of the all new sketch challenge over at  the My Time Made Easy blog.  I decided to do the emboss resist technique for this weeks card!  I just love Graphic 45 papers (these inparticular) they work so well with this technique for me.  I picked up these really cool vintage buttons at my local scrapping store on Saturday and that's kinda how my card came together.  I just love going to this store because I always come back inspired and feeling very crafty!!!  Next Wednesday I'm going to a card class to make some really neat flowers with some sort of material  I've never heard of before.  I will share them with you ladies next week!  O.K. Sorry I got a little off track!  LOL!!!   Lets get back to my card...I used Rangers Enchanted Gold embossing powder to emboss with.  I didn't realize it had sparkles in it... so cool!!!  I must say it looks amazing in person! 



I inked up the flowers with Spun Sugar and the edges with Antique Linen then I used a Q-tip to add a little Shabby Shutters to the leaves.



Supplies; Ranger Distress Inks-antique linen, spun sugar, shabby shutters,Enchanted Gold embossing powder, Graphic 45-Baby 2 Bride Collection,Once Upon a Springtime Collection, Dress it Up-Buttons, Ribbon-misc. Stamps-MTME-Monograms Defined, Bold Botanicals, Background stamp-Nature Textures-Curious by Design


Stop by the rest of the teams blogs for more inspiration!



Pretty Patterns Sketch Details:


When uploading use the Sketch Keyword MTMEPPS03

You can use the sketch on ANY type of project!


While participation with products from My Time Made Easy ™ LLC is appreciated, it is not required to participate. You can use products from ANY company.


Each week we will pick a winner from the sketch participants, and announce them the following week, when the next Pretty Patterns Sketch is announced.


The sketch month will run from the 2nd Thursday of every month, to the 2nd Wednesday of the following month, with the Winner announced that 2nd Thursday of the Sketch Challenge.

For example:


This month’s contest begins Thursday March 17th. Contest ends Wednesday April 13th. Winner announced Thursday April 14th.



PRIZE PACKAGE: Whoever plays along all month, in all 4 sketches within the month, will be entered to win a Pretty Package of THEIR Choice! Make sure on the 4th week of the challenge, that you leave a comment linking all 4 projects as well, so we are sure we do not miss you!





4 comments:

  1. And it looks amazing on your blog too.. Wow such detail .. Love these soft yet rich looking colors... Fabulous work Kathryn and great take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Love, love that paper. It really does go great with this technique. Note to self: pull out embossing gun and dust it off. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. Fab papers and the embossed flowers. Embossing is something I still haven't tried ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to have you with us! This is so pretty!! So elegant too.

    ReplyDelete