Friday, April 1, 2011

April Showers Bring On A Calendar...





 
Good Morning!
Do April showers really bring May flowers?  Not in my neck of the woods for sure we are getting more snow!  Let me just say enough already!  LOL!!! 

Last month I just happened upon  Monique's blog post of a calendar she had made.  Let's just say my jaw hit the floor when I saw what she had created and I wanted to make one of them also!  So here I am today with my April calendar.  When I go to bed is when I come up with my best ideas.  Getting them out of my head and onto paper isn't always easy but this is one time that it actually worked out perfectly!  I wanted to make my calendar have a spiral binding like a "real" calendar.  My Dad has everything under the sun so of course he had some thin wire.  What I did was wind it around a metal rod the size I wanted my spiral to be.  I pierced the top of my paper like so and then twisted my spiral through the holes.  It went together very very easily!  Thank Goodness!

This is a close up.    


I made my calendar on Microsoft Word.  Well actually my son did it for me for a price ($5.00)


Supplies: Design Papers-The Paper Loft, Copic Markers, All That Scraps- Digi Image, Ribbon-misc. 




Now head on over to these lovely ladies blogs to see their calendars 



6 comments:

  1. Squeal!!!!Oh My goodness this turned out so nice... I love the spiral binding what a great idea...Your little girl is just the cutest thing ever ...and your calender stand looks fabulous.... Oh what fun... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your calendar is awesome! I am so happy that Monique shared your blog with me! I absolutely love the spiral binder idea and the little girl...oh she is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! I love that we chose the same theme :) This is just too cute Katharyn!! I am loving that spiral!! Cute, cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT a brilliant creation! You are SOOOOOOOOO crafty1 I can't believe you MADE THAT WIRE SPIRAL/holes, etc! GREAT work! THIS project is sure to satisfy AGAIN and AGAIN! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, pretty! I have one of these stands! Maybe I'll join you in this challenge next month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful and oh so neat creation!

    ReplyDelete