Saturday, February 26, 2011

Jugs #73 Envelope gift box



Hello Ladies!

Well I was hoping winter was on it's way out.  I guess I was wrong because...we got another 10 + inches of the white stuff!  Yuck!  Well at least I get to hang out in my craft room!  LOL!!! 
This weeks challenge over at Just Us Girls is being hosted by Pam and she has challenged us to create an envelope box which is perfect to put the bulky cards we create with all the bling we just have to layer upon them!!!   For my gift box I used some digi papers and a stamp set from MTME that I purchased last month and haven't had a chance to play with until now!   I uses some scotch velcro spots to hold mine together on each side flap so I didn't have to use ribbon.   The tutorial from Splitcoast stampers can be found here.  It literally takes a minute to make this box. I hope you get a chance to play along with us this week!  This is the last week for our February guest designer Lori. 







***Stop by the rest of the JUGS blogs for more inspiration***





How to play: You need to upload your project for this week's challenge to your online blog or public photo gallery. Leave a link that goes directly to your project in the Inlinkz form at the bottom of this post. If you upload to online galleries, please also use the keyword or tag, JUGS73. After you post to Inlinkz you can also leave a comment here.


Deadline to be considered for the weekly "Chic of the Week" is 9:00 PM EST on Thursday, March 3rd. The Inlinkz form will close at that time. Our top pick "Chic of the Week" will be announced on the following Friday morning.

9 comments:

  1. STUNNING set Kathryn - I love how you used the papers from MTME and your card is divine - Love the color set and your details - the lacey trim - the scalloped edge... just lovely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yum.. I love these papers. What an elegant set.. Love the lace, beautiful Bold Botanicals and great colors... I hear ya about the weather.. Uggg next week is suppose to be cold cold and then I am hoping THAT'S IT lol.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn, this set is stunning!!! I LOVE how you used the paper and stamps from last month. This is absolutely elegant! BEAUTIFUL WORK :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, dear! YOUR use of this envelope/box, is not ONLY spectacular, but inspirational as well! WHAT a gorgeous pair: your use of material AND that fabby, quick and easy template - MEOOOOOWWWWW! Pure perfection! Your showcase of this technique has me excitedly planning for MORE! "Get me back in Scrapland!" Yipeee!

    P.S. - CLEARLY, you've stolen our snow! {hee hee} My poor kids were SO amped up, because here in our part of CA that rarely {like once every decade or two...} snows, FORECASTERS were calling for it! Did we get any? Of course NOT! You can see some atop WAY-OFF mountains, but none at our level... wah... Poor little dears! HOPE you enjoy YOURS! Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Kathryn! Those yellow scallops paired with the prettylace is so amazing and I love the golden flower against the crisp blue sky backdrop on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! oh WOW! oh WOW!!! I love this Kathryn!! The colors, the ribbon & scallop border, the layout. So excited to have you as a guest :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathryn! This set is so BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the patterned papers! The brown lace is so fabulous!!! Way to go! My socks have been officially knocked off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What stunning elegance! Love your colors and the lace! WTG with the matching card to go inside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning! I just love the peaceful colors! Your card is just so beautiful...love the way you cut out the flower, too! And that brown lace is gorgeous! Very pretty project!

    ReplyDelete