Saturday, February 12, 2011

JUGS #71 Spotlighting Technique challenge



 
Good Morning Ladies!

Once again the weekend is upon us and that means it's time for another challenge from Just Us Girls.  This week our hostest is Andrea and she has challenged us to this really cool technique called spotlighting.  It's a technique I've never tried before.  It is really cool and I love how my card turned out!  I thought this image was appropriate seeing I think just about everyone has had enough winter and is ready for a little touch of spring!  LOL!!!  This is a technique I will definitely be using more often!  I hope you get a chance to come and play with us this week!  Here is the tutorial for how to do this technique here!  So get busy ladies so I can swing by and take a peek at your projects!




Supplies:  PTI stamp set-All About You Additions, Spellbinders nestabilities-scallop circles, PTI-white and red card stock, Copic markers, Tim Holtz-mini paper clips, ribbons-misc. 

Don't forget to stop by the rest of the JUGS blogs and our
 February guest designer Lori for more inspiration!




How to play: You need to upload your project for this week's challenge to your online blog or public photo gallery. Leave a link that goes directly to your project in the Inlinkz form at the bottom of this post. If you upload to online galleries, please also use the keyword or tag, JUGS71. After you post to Inlinkz you can also leave a comment here.

 
Deadline to be considered for the weekly "Chic of the Week" is 9:00 PM EST on Thursday, February 17th. The Inlinkz form will close at that time. Our top pick "Chic of the Week" will be announced on the following Friday morning.
     

6 comments:

  1. Kathryn, this card is AWESOME!!! I thought about using the exact same stamp set for this technique but changed my mind at the last minute. You're right, the set is perfect for this technique! And you ROCKED it!!! Such a cheery card that makes me smile! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great example of this technique! Perfect image...I think that's half the battle! And it's also the perfect Spring card to lift our spirits out of the dregs of winter! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh well done Kathryn - love the flowers and the bright pop of colors! You are right - a bit of spring - perfect for all of us snow-weary folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Kathryn.. You put a big smile on my face :)... Great take on the spotlighting challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU are SO clever, Kathryn! Your application of this {totally addicting!} technique is fantastic! This card must makes my day feel, somehow, lighter! Yipedeee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy card!! It makes me think spring! You did a fantastic job coloring too!

    ReplyDelete