Monday, May 31, 2010

Critter Sketch challenge #16

Good Morning!
I hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial weekend!  It is officially the beginning of my favorite time of year-beach time!  Yippie Ya Hoo!  And that is where I am spending the holiday weekend!  Tomorrow is also my 20th wedding anniversary!   Yikes! How time flies...!

The challenge over at The Critter Sketch Challenge is an inspiration card.  Your card has to have a flower and the color purple somewhere on it!  I chose to create a rambling rose which is a SVG cut file from MTME .  (Lauren has a tutorial on how to make it here. ) I cut mine out with my Cricut and then stamped it with PTI's-Background Dots & Spots.  I used the leaves from PTI's Delightful Dahlia stamp set and for my sentiment I used PTI's Big & Bold Wishes.
I first inked my sentiment up with PTI's Ripe Avocado then dipped my sentiment  right into Spring Moss to soften the darker color a little  and it gave it a dark to light hue. (kinda by accident but i like it)!  To finish my card off  I inked up the edges with some  Tim Holtz) Antique linen Distress ink.  The champagne colored lace was added  for a (I hope) classy look.  Thanks for stopping by!

P.S. Come play with us I'd love to see what you can create!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Beautiful CAS wedding card, love the rose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! I really like the stamping on the text, the "dual" tones give it some real depth. The flower in beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl this is so georgous!!!! I love the flower, your creation this week is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flower is gorgeous! I love the card.

    ReplyDelete