Saturday, May 15, 2010

Just Us Girls color challenge #33

Hello!
It's a color challenge over at  Just Us Girls this week.  Great colors this week for me because there is nothing I like better then inking up Kraft card stock with white ink!  It just gives any project  such a worn weathered look.  I thought it was perfect to give my card a very worn masculine look (nothing frilly).  I used two different stamp sets to write my sentiment (PTI's Spring time Doodles & Vintage Picnic) I thought "hero" was the  appropriate word and with the other words I was able to make it flow perfectly for my card.  It's the first word  that always comes to my mind when I think of past and present men and women who have served and are serving our country.  I hope you like it and thanks so much for stopping by!   Have a good one!

supplies;stamps PTI- Spring Time Doodles, Vintage Picnic, Star Prints, paper PTI- Kraft card stock, ink PTI Enchanted Evening, Fresh Snow, Copics- B24,R29, Twine PTI, other papers misc.

12 comments:

  1. Love it Kathryn! The distressing on kraft is so cool looking! Love how you created the sentiment...very clever! Thanks for playing our JUGs color challenge...you made the colors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!! I like how you edged it with white!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fabulous, I luv all the elements....have a fantastic day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet and so appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card Kathryn! Love the distressing! Great job with this week's colors. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun card! Love the kraft base on this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! Reminds me that I should get crackin' on a patriotic card. My daughter takes the citizenship oath this Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, love how you've used the stars

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. You did a super job with this color palette. We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card Kathryn. I too am a fan of kraft but have never thought to ink it up with white. It looks great and softens the kraft beautifully.

    ReplyDelete