Saturday, January 29, 2011

JUGS #69 Technique challenge



Good Morning Ladies!
It's that time of the month (no not THAT time of the month!) for our wild card challenge at Just Us GirlsMaria is this weeks host and she is challenging us to make a flower or two inspired by Tim Holtz.  I chose Tim Holtz's Alterations-Tattered Florals to make my flowers.  I used the two smaller flowers.  I cut them out of coffee filters (cone style) and  then sprayed them with Tattered Angels glimmer mists in sunflower and starfish.  I then dried them with my dryer tool.  I cut a hole in the center of one of the larger of the two flowers and then took four more of the larger ones and folded them in half then into quarters (crinkling them up just a little).  I added glossy accents around the hole of the one I used as my base and added the four folded ones around into the center where the hole WAS.  I then scrunched them together a little then took one of the smaller ones and did the same fold scrunching also and placed it into the center of my flower.  To make my leaves I used the leaf die from PTI and cut them also from coffee filters and sprayed them with glimmer mist in olive vine.




Below is a close up my flowers.


Don't forget to stop by the rest of the JUGS blogs and our
January guest designer Carla Suto for more inspiration!


How to play: You need to upload your project for this week's challenge to your online blog or public photo gallery. Leave a link that goes directly to your project in the Inlinkz form at the bottom of this post. If you upload to online galleries, please also use the keyword or tag, JUGS69. After you post to Inlinkz you can also leave a comment here.


Deadline to be considered for the weekly "Chic of the Week" is 9:00 PM EST on Thursday, February 3rd. The Inlinkz form will close at that time. Our top pick "Chic of the Week" will be announced on the following Friday morning.

8 comments:

  1. Be still my beating heart - Kathryn these are simply GORGEOUS. I've not seen this technique by Tim but you totally rocked it - some of the most beautiful flowers I've seen! Way to go girl. WOW - wow - WOW. Now - I need to go check out how to do them (we just got a Keurig this fall so I can use those old coffee filters!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, this is absolutely stunning! Your flowers turned out so gorgeous - they look real! Wonderful choice of papers and sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Wow Wow.... This is beautiful Katheryn.. Your flowers are just stunning . Love the sentiment it goes perfect!!!Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, I just love those flowers! They look so real, and are my favorite rose color as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. KAthryn these turned out super pretty! I love the results you got with the glimmer mists and the alterations die. *sigh* I love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Very elegant and the colors are fabulous! Wonderful job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are coffee filters? OMGosh! How clever and what a beautiful flower! I LOVE the color of the flower too! Just beautiful, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathryn! How brilliant!!! Coffee filters, no way!!! How fantastic!!! And the colors are GORGEOUS!!! AWESOME!!!! Wonderful inspiration GF!!!

    ReplyDelete